Present article describes recent technology used in gaming headset with microphone availability.
Let’s see what features all the gamers usually find in any recent best gaming headset.
- Noise Cancellation
- Immersion, Concentration and Clarity
- Cable Length
- Wireless Audio
- Requirement for PC Splitter
- Quality of Ear Pads
- Driver Size and Technology
- Frequency and Response Time
- Microphone Pickup Pattern
- Battery Life
- Blue Vo!ce
- BRENDA -Binaural Rendering Engine and Digital Amplification
- Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement
- DTS Surround Sound
- Precision Drivers
- Equalizer Profile Settings
- Lossless 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio
- ClearCast Bidirectional Microphone
Top new technology gaming headsets currently rocking in market with above mentioned specifications are as follows:
(A) Wireless Headsets
Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset
This device is a ‘Lossless High Fidelity Wireless Plus Bluetooth’ for PS4 and PC.
- Dual wireless technology provides rock solid, 2.4g wireless lossless audio for gaming, combined with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices
- Premium hi res speakers with high density neodymium magnets reproduce a full, expansive frequency range from 10 to 40,000 kHz with stunning realism and clarity
- Luxurious lightweight steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent fit. Headphone sensitivity:102 dB spl
- 2 included swappable batteries allow you to charge a battery in the base station, while using the other for more than 20 hours of gaming
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- The earcups of the Arctis Pro Wireless are more comfortable.
- the mute button : position is bit awkward and can press by mistake
- build quality : for price point its not that great
- seen lag in mic sometimes as well not comparable to wired bass.
Sennheiser GSP 670 Wireless Gaming Headset
- LOW-LATENCY – The GSP 670 wireless gaming headphones deliver lossless Bluetooth connection and state-of-the-art low latency technology to create a virtually seamless sound experience
- CUSTOM AUDIO PRESETS – Turn on 7.1 Surround Sound and customize setting presets through the Sennheiser Gaming Suite for ultimate gaming immersion
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC – A broadcast-quality, noise-cancelling microphone cuts out breathing and background noise with an additional flip-to-mute feature
- FAR BLUETOOTH RANGE – Move freely with a 32.8 feet (10m) range of uninterrupted Bluetooth connection
- LONG-LASTING POWER – Play longer with up to 20 hours of Bluetooth usage on one charge and fast 7-minute charging that powers 2 hours of wireless gameplay
- COMFORTABLE WEAR – Soft, noise-isolating leatherette earpads and adjustable headband sliders with a double-axis metal hinge system reduce pressure and provide optimal comfort for long gaming sessions
- software is TERRIBLE
- battery life indicator is buggy
- Higher price
ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless + Base Station for Xbox One & PC
- Astro Audio V2 – immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in-game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio – Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Dolby Atmos (available for Xbox version only) – Dolby Atmos provides Object Audio, which provides a more accurate and immersive sound experience
- Game: voice balance – gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software – the free gastro command center software gives players complete control over their Audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings. Available on windows 10, Xbox one and Mac.
- Battery life – 15+ hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Usb sound card functionality – when using PC, USB sound card functionality provides game: voice balance, game and voice streaming. No optical cables needed
- As other uses have pointed out, it is extremely finicky to get the headset to charge on the charging station
- Battery life less as well recharge frequently
Razer Nari Ultimate Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- Razer Hypersense Haptic Feedback for Unparalleled Immersion: Provides industry-leading audio realism for intense, in-game immersion and positional accuracy coupled with THX Spatial 7.1 surround sound
- Lightweight & Auto-Adjusting Headband for Extended Gaming Sessions: The Nari Ultimate adapts to the shape of the user’s head for convenient comfort
- Retractable Mic with Audio Adjustment: Tune game/chat balance for the perfect mix of game audio and team communication; also includes a volume adjustment wheel and mic mute button directly on the headset
- Soft Cloth Cushions with Cooling Gel: Reduces heat build-up while providing comfort and sound isolation for hours of comfort
Not super heavy
Nice metal frame so they don’t break over time
Lights up with Chroma to look fancy with other Razer products
- Sound Normalization seems to be always on, which gets annoying
- Complaints from party members that mic didn’t sound that great for the very very short duration of time
- Now comes the super ultra sensitive mic…picked up everything. I had noise cancellation..this, that, and the other. I tried to auto adjust the sensitivity…manually tune it…nothing seemed to help it
- random disconnects
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
- Experience uncompromising sound quality and immersive 7. 1 surround Sound with a matched pair of precisely tuned 50 millimetre high-density neodymium speaker drivers, delivering a frequency range of 20hz-40, 000Hz – double that of typical gaming headsets.
- Long-lasting Comfort to wear all day with Premium Memory foam ear pads that conform to the shape of your head and a lightweight pillow-soft headband.
- Connect wireless for high-fidelity, ultra-low latency Audio and an exceptional 60ft signal range with hyper-fast Slipstream Corsair Wireless technology. Headphone Sensitivity – 109dB (+/-3dB). Impedance – 32 Ohms @ 2. 5 kHz
- Make yourself heard with exceptional dynamic range and vocal clarity, thanks to a 9.5 millimetre broadcast-grade, Omni-directional, high-bandwidth detachable microphone with Excellent low-end response.
- Built with lightweight
- machined aluminum throughout, from the headband to the ear cups, ensuring both maximum comfort and long-term durability.
- Super heavy
- Can’t use for long hours
- Build quality is not that perfect
- Software issues
LucidSound LS35X Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset
- Superior Comfort: Gel-Cooled Memory Foam Earpads
- Advanced Dual Mic System with Mic Monitoring
- Quick Access Audio Control System
- Surround Sound via Windows Sonic for Headphones
- Built quality is ok with the price point
- Reconnecting and disconnecting issues
- Basically certified for xbox
7. Logitech G Pro X Gaming Headset with Blue Voice Technology
- BLUE VO!CE
- MEMORY FOAM
- COMFORTABLE PADDING
- DURABLE BUILD: PREMIUM STEEL, ALUMINUM
- PRO-TUNED : DTS X 2.0 EQ PROFILES
- 6 MM MIC : 100 HZ – 10 KHZ
- DTS HEADPHONE:X 2.0 : OBJECT BASED SURROUND SOUND
- 20 HZ-20 KHZ:AUDIO RESPONSE
- USB SOUND CARD:PRO-GRADE DIGITAL PROCESSING
- PRO-G™ 50 MM :PRECISION DRIVERS
- Too high price
- In stock Avaiblity
- HyperX HX-HSCF-BK/AM Cloud Flight Wireless Gaming Headset
- Wireless for games of chance with a very long battery life
- Signatures HyperX Comfort: you’re comfortable even during long sessions of late night play
- Immersive Audio improves your game: minimal, medium and high crystalline levels help to improve the atmosphere of your games
- Jaw dropping sound quality best for gamers
- Price point against the value !
- Build quality
Logitech G935 WIRELESS 3.5mm Connector 7.1 Surround Sound LIGHTSYNC Gaming Headset
- Large 50mm Pro-G™ Drivers
- LIGHTSYNC RGB
- Advanced 2.4 GHz Wireless
- DTS Headphone:X 2.0
- 6mm Mic+
- Three G-keys Programmable for fast in-game actions at your fingertips
- The mute indicator light on the microphone is rather hard to see.
* The microphone boom is poorly designed, focusing more on being as unobtrusive as possible while not in use than on actually being usable.
* The buttons are poorly placed and require a lot of force to push.
- Mirco USB has a super loose connection and causes the headphones to cut out randomly and make my mic get all distorted or not work at all
- CORSAIR VOID PRO SURROUND Gaming Headset – Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC
- Less price and good quality
- Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam provide exceptional comfort
- Legendary CORSAIR build quality ensures long term durability. Frequency Response – 100 Hz to 10 kHz
- Custom tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers bring the action to life with wide range and accuracy
- Poor microphone quality and charging point issues makes this headset less choice-able then others
B. WIRED HEDSETS
Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset
- COMFORT & DURABILITY
- PRO-G 50 MM DRIVERS
- PRO-GRADE MICROPHONE
- PRO-TUNED EQ
- INLINE AUDIO CONTROLS
- ADVANCED SOUND CARD
ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Wired Headset + MixAmp Pro TR with Dolby Audio for PS4, PC, Mac
- Tuned for Gaming, ASTRO Audio V2 delivers pro quality audio for gamers when they need it most, whether live streaming to competitive play in the pits of a pro tournament.
- ASTRO Command Center software – Redefine pro audio for gamers. The free ACC software gives players enhanced control over their voice communication and audio settings. When paired with the MixAmp Pro TR it delivers pro quality audio from the living room to the main stage.
- Superior fit & finish – The A40 TR Headset features lightweight yet rugged construction with premium materials for a pressure-free fit that won’t overheat your head. The ear cushions feature cloth for maximum comfort, backed with synthetic leather for the best acoustic performance.
- ASTRO MixAmp Pro TR – For serious live streamers, the MixAmp Pro TR has been engineered with all digital components for lag-free/interference-free operation and features Dolby Digital Surround Sound processing.
- Mod Kit Ready – Features synthetic leather noise-cancelling ear cushions, voice-isolating mic, padded headband and closed-back Speaker Tags. (Sold Separately)
- Dolby Audio – Dolby Audio delivers cinematic, 3D gaming audio experience, and broadcasts Dolby out to streaming audiences.
- USB sound card functionality – USB sound card functionality with Game:Voice Balancing, game and voice streaming delivered to PC gamers. No optical port needed.
- 3D audio ready – Delivers Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos on PC. Spatial audio gives you full 3D positional audio support for an unprecedented competitive edge.
- Cable quality is not that good as per price point
- Super weak bass
- *MUST KNOW: There is no power button on the mix amp this time (HUGE MISTAKE). Lights are constantly on and draining energy!
HyperX Cloud Revolver S – Gaming Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- Studio grade sound stage
- Signature HyperX memory foam with premium leatherette
- Durable steel frame; TeamSpeak and Discord certified noise cancelling mic
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone. Weight with mic: 376 gram
- Next generation directional 50 millimetre drivers
- USB Plug N Play Dolby Surround 7.1
- Less comfort
- Quality issues in mic and cable
- In this price range other brands give good sound quality
Redgear Cosmo 7.1 USB Gaming Headphones with RGB LED Effect
- 7.1 Virtual surround sound for all types of games and music
- Noise cancellation microphone to avoid disturbance
- LED effect on the Earcups and tip of the microphone
- Customization driver for audio customization
- Impedance: 1kHz/32Ω. Sensitivity: 103±3dB
- Less price
- Only PC Compatible (USB: – Audio in and Audio out)
- pretty heavy
- Sound Leakage.
- RGB cannot be customized.
- Microphone is too quiet.
- Avability in diifrent county and warranty claim
Razer Kraken X Ultralight Gaming Headset: 7.1 Surround Sound Capable
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 40 mm drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound when used for PC gaming only
- Designed for All-Day Comfort: The lightest 250 grams, around 40% lighter than the competition
- Bendable Noise Cancelling Microphone: A cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Headset Audio Controls: Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick and convenient adjustments
- Durable Construction:flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free use
- Sound quality could use a lot of improvement
- Pitchy mids, no bass, highs are screamy
- mids are very static and can hurt your ears
- Plastic build
- Only consider this one only if budget is low